-->

Thread: How much cash can you withdraw from an ATM at one go?

mig
    vCash
    Thanks

How much cash can you withdraw from an ATM at one go?

I need to get some cash out of my bank in the UK for flight tickets home. How much can I get out of an ATM here? I want to get as much out at once to avoid multiple charges. I use SWICH. Can I get more out at a bank than an 7/11?

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Depends on your card (or possibly the arrangement you have with your bank) from what I can gather...some people can only do 20K a day, some 20K at a time (so more than once in a day), some 50K or possibly more.

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic

vCash
    Thanks

Its funny how they vary. Welcome back Ken!
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

Teak Door (dot) com Array kingwilly's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

i was under the impression that all banks have a 20 note limit at one time! so usually 20K - tho sometimes u get 10K wrth of purple nortes.

as KK siad depends on your card if u can withdraw more than that in a day!

I can move up to 100K a day - so just have to make 5 transactions at once ! ie card in card out card in card out......

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

yep - mine is 100k per a day, but no more than 20k per transaction. I've never used the 100k though, but I have the 20k in one go.

I've heard others - I think Chang - say they can get more - but why would you? Anything of 50-75k, maybe you want to think about a cashier's check

vCash
    Thanks

I'm with Siam Commerical and I can withdraw the whole of my balance [in multiples of 10 or 20k I think].

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Missle Command Champion!
    I get money from my bank in America, and there are two things to consider: The daily limit that your bank has, and (for most ATMs) a limit of 20,000 baht per withdrawal in Thailand. So, if your bank allows you to withdraw 100,000 baht per day, you can still, in most Thai ATMs, get only 20,000 baht at a time.

Or, at least, that has been my experience.

mig
    vCash
    Thanks

That is what I thought. 20,000 in one go. I was hoping that some may do a 50,000 in one transaction to cut down on transaction charges. How can I get a cashier’s check from HSBC in England? There is an HSBC branch in bkk I think. Anyone know where it is?
    Bark like a Donkey!

vCash
    Thanks

I've found too that 20,000 is generally the limit, especially with UK based bank accounts.

One note here which I posted in an earlier thread is that of overdrafting. I had problems with this. Checked with my bank (by phone) and they said no problem, your overdraft is still in place. The ATM, however, won't let me draw from the overdraft.

One poster suggested getting in touch with my bank again and ask them to set up the account so's the ATM doesn't refuse me.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Mig - HSBC, Bangkok is on Rama IV road, next to the side entrance for Sala Daeng (soi 1 I think) between Sathorn and Silom. Everyone kknows it as the HSBC buliding, but I think the official name is Ojuri (or something very similar).

As an aside, after about 7,000 baht the fee for ATM withdrawals goes over to a % of the transaction - so for 10k it is usually around 2.20 pounds. As such, I don;t think it would make that much difference in cutting down the transaction cost.

You may want to consider a wire transfer from your HSBC account in the UK to HSBC in Bangkok where you can collect either cash or a cashier's check. It all depends how much you need to withdraw. If it is a large sum, keep the exchange transaction receipt, just in case you ever need to send the money back out of LoS.

mig
    vCash
    Thanks

Thanks for that Pinky. As the pound has gone down I think I will try to use as much money as I can from my bank here. That will also cut down on the transaction charges.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mig
    That is what I thought. 20,000 in one go. I was hoping that some may do a 50,000 in one transaction to cut down on transaction charges. How can I get a cashier’s check from HSBC in England? There is an HSBC branch in bkk I think. Anyone know where it is?
    If you go into your Thai bank and talk to bank personnel, they will allow you to draw out the maximum allowable at one time (by your bank back home) in one transaction to minimize your fees. I have withdrawn several thousand dollars in one transaction wikth no problem.

At least that is what Bankgok Bank at the Emporium does for me. They make a phone call and get authorization, I sign a receipt slip and get my baht.

Might be a good idea to let your bank at home know beforehand that you are going to withdraw a large sum so they don't put a hold on your account.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

i can withdraw a max 1,000 GBP per day. :smile: but only in quantitites of 25k baht :sad: