-->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ajarn Forum Dental Guide: Definitive Compilation

Waddaya know!? Yeah! Array the antithesis's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

The Ajarn Forum Dental Guide: Definitive Compilation

Esteemed,

With a dental appointment looming, what follows is a compilation of the most pro-active, positive information written by our members, and of which I found to be the most useful.

General Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Chang
    In Bangkok you have a choice between cheap treatment and good treatment.
    This is the place to go if you want good treatment

http://www.asavanant.com/

I did have dental work at Samitivej over a year ago and had to get Asavant to re-do it.

as recommended by many on here:

http://ajarnforum.net/phpbb/viewtopi...ight=asanavant

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchy

I agree Asavant is good but it's probably the most expensive dentist I've been to in Thailand for general/cosmetic work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    Samitivej is where I would choose to go.

Then again, Asavant did a really good job on my ex when she had 2 wisdom teeth out, and it worked out at around 1500 Baht a tooth.

I wouldn't recommend Bumrungrad, as I've heard nowt but bad things from close friends, and I went there and ended up diagnosing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    Well, let me thank everyone who recommended Asavanant.
    http://www.asavanant.com/
    Monday I called to make an appointment, saw a female dentist who was very nice, did digital x-rays and got a cleaning. She recommended I do the procedure with only the shots, or local anaesthesia.
    I asked if I could use nitrous oxide too, and she said whatever I wanted, but that I should talk to the oral surgeon first.

Saw the oral surgeon that Friday for a consultation. Her name is Dr.Theeralaksna Suddhasthira and she got her Ph.D from the U.S. She strongly recommended that I be put under IV sedation, thank god!
    They explained everthing that they would be doing to me again and all the possible complications etc.

I remember 3 minutes of pleasant chit chat with everyone before I was out. Next thing I remember is them waking me up to take me to the recovery room to lie down a while with an icepack. Anyone who gets their wisdom teeth removed, I highly recommend the IV sedation. Don't remember a damn thing.

Total cost:
    Removal of 4 teeth: 10,000 baht
    IV anaesthesia: 20,000 baht

Quote Originally Posted by raphaela28
    www.bangkokdental.com is fabulous. They have great prices, a dentist who is not only fabulous (read, NO pain), but also speaks perfect English. They also make it a policy not to discrimate in prices for farangs.

I had a tooth pulled - 500 baht, and also had a root canal - 1,500 baht. It would have been another 6,000 baht for the crown, but I then decided to have the tooth pulled.

Their website has their prices though and they're very reasonable. I've now sent three friends there who loved them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitproof Fence

http://www.medithai.net/dentists/ban..._clinics.shtml.
    A good run-down on several clinics, including price lists.

I absolutely neglected my teeth for a long time and decided to front up to the Dental Hospital on Suk Soi 49 (opposite Villa Supermarket) on a friend's recommendation a couple of years ago.

It was modern, spotlessly clean, well-run and cost me about 30,000 baht for some nine visits and countless procedures.

The staff were well trained and professional, the treatment was surprisingly painless and now I am very proud of my choppers--totally fixed.

Check out their website, they list prices there in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by khunopie
    I've used Dental Hospital on soi 49? Very modern facilities..... in fact you'd never see a dental office like this in North America or Europe.

By the way, this is the most expensive place in Thailand for dental work. Though not neccesarily the best. I went for a basic checkup and cavity filling to an unexpected root canal in in under 3 hours. Amazing Thailand.
    Quote Originally Posted by OllySol
    This place is the business: www.dentaldesignclinic-lab.com
    About 60 yards from Sukhumvit underground and Asoke BTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoedout

Siam Family Dental in Silom, although I think they have a few branches. Absolutely no complaints - I believe they have done a good job. I'll post again in a few years and let you know how them crowns are doing!
    Quote Originally Posted by re_fuse
    Future Dental at Future Park Rangsit. I got 10 grand Oz worth done there for 500 Bucks Oz. Did a bridge, a crown, two fillings and teeth whitening for 28,000 baht. Near Old Airport ( North ). To get there from Nonthaburi ( BangYai city ) take bus 640 to Rangsit ( tell them Future).
    Telephone 029580011 or 029580489 ask for an appointment with DR Bandit
    ( his English is good and he is hightly qualified)

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyant
    I went to one in Prachasongroh Soi 10, Huay Khwang, Bangkok, a few years back. Clean and friendly. Cost around 200 baht to extract the tooth with injections.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalk Face
    I used to get first class treatment at Phuket International Hospital. But we had a row when they lost a receipt and accused me for being at fault because I couldn't find my copy.

Now I go to Bangkok / Phuket Hospital and have never had anything to whinge about.

Both places have been absolutely painless, except in the wallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by premier
    The place is as good as any dental clinic I’ve ever been to.
    Banglamphu Dental Clinic
    cleaning 800
    laser whitening 7,500
    filling x1 500

Quote Originally Posted by Covertjay
    Wisit Dental Centre
    Cnr soi 28 on Sathu Pradit near Central Rama 3.

Autoclav, dental cam and x-rays, German trained, Euro equipment, 500 cleaning, 1000 whitening, 500 a filling.

3 years and not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin
    Taweesak Dentist on Sathorn Soi 1
    Next to Panthip Court.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_ingu

Had some work done in Bangkok Dental Hospital. Very happy with their service.
    http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com...sh/welcome.htm

Quote Originally Posted by uhuh
    Dental Hospital is the best in Bangkok. Not the cheapest, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoshi
    If you want reliability, go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. I've been there and is good. If a little expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa
    Bangkok Pattaya Hospitalis good.

Quote Originally Posted by marko
    If you go to Samitivej hospital in Thong Lor the bleaching process is 8,000 Baht. (You get a discount of 5% if you pay using your Bangkok Bank card. In Seacon Square the same procedure is on sale for 4,000 Baht. My local dentist charges 4,400 for the treatment. Sometimes it depends how many teeth you have of course!

It takes about one hour and after it you feel like Tom Cruise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBlondie
    I usually pay 500 for extraction at Chiang Mai dental hospital. 3,300baht for partial denture that costs 3,300 dollars in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by irishntg
    Teeth Whitening:Go to Seacon Square.I got it done 5 months ago for 4,300 all in,
    had the laser treatment done- about 45 minutes!!!
    Seacon Square is just outside of Bagkok in the suburbs near Bnagna ask any taxi driver and they will take you there to the shopping complex,
    The easiest way to get to Seacon Square is to take the BTS to the end at On Nut, then take a taxi from there.

Quote Originally Posted by insideleft
    i got my work done at Dr Smile around Soi 37 Sukhumivt...Dr Vesit...had my teeth 'bleached & lasered' hypothetically to 'whiten em'

cost me 12.000 bhat...no pain at all...two visits...almost instant results.

Quote Originally Posted by Covertjay
    I rekon that dentists here- I went to a great one on Satu Pradit between soi 28 and 30- are great.

Mine had German training, an autoclave steraliser (a must), and did 2 fillings and a cleaning for 1 500 all up.

A much more pleasant person, and a fraction of the cost of ones back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhn Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille
    I went to 'dental design' last month.
    A very professional outfit. Four fillings cost me about 3 thousand baht, and they made a start on root canal treatment that I need.
    Last edited by the antithesis; 15th March 2007 at 02:12.
    Education: Spirit, Slaughtered, Fuming. Yeah!

The Mental Defective League In-Formation

vCash
    Thanks

Re: The Ajarn Forum Dental Guide: Definitive Compilation

Beautiful. Thank you, I'll be needing this soon.

vCash
    Thanks

I went to 'dental design' last month.

A very professional outfit. Four fillings cost me about 3 thousand baht, and they made a start on root canal treatment that I need.

I'm now getting this completed in the UAE at [b]ten times[/i] the price dental design charges.

A word of advice: If you plan on ever leaving Thailand then visit a dentist six months before you leave. You are highly unlikely to find such high quality treatment for a comparable price in the country to which you are heading.

vCash
    Thanks

Hadn't been to a dentist in about 12 years and have started getting treatment at Dental Design after reading Ollysol's post using search a month ago. In fact I'm setting here with a numb mouth after my second root canal. My mouth is a much prettier place than it was a month ago -but it'll cost me about 70,000 all in: 2 root canals, ceramic inlays, fillings, wisdom teeth extraction yadayadayada. Very friendly, professional and just generally all round high quality. Doubtless you could get cheaper but then would you get the quality service?
    Is doiligh an drochrud a mharu.

Regular User Array Rabbitproof Fence's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Antithesis,

What a remarkable set of facts you have laid out above. Must have taken you hours. All power to you.

I am quoted above as being very happy with the Dental Hospital, Suk 49.

I have also had four crowns done by a bloke in Pattaya, APC Dental Clinic, 78/60 Pattaya Soi 5 (off Beach Rd, Second Rd end). 36,000 baht all up and a great job. One side of my rear bite totally fixed. Would have cost 10 times this in OZ.

Boutique-style set up, very up-to-date equipment. The main dentist showed me, an x-ray of some remedial work he was doing after a Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital dental fuck up.

I'm back in April for two new crowns and the completion of all my dental work for many years to come, I hope.

Again, the antithesis, a very helpful, almost definitive, guide to dental treatment for your fellow farang in Thailand.

Have you opted for a certain dentist yet?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitproof Fence
    What a remarkable set of facts you have laid out above. Must have taken you hours.
    I doubt it. It just takes the sense to put a topic into the 'search' facility, rather than ask a question that's been answered a thousand times already.
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Donn
    Hadn't been to a dentist in about 12 years and have started getting treatment at Dental Design after reading Ollysol's post using search a month ago. In fact I'm setting here with a numb mouth after my second root canal. My mouth is a much prettier place than it was a month ago -but it'll cost me about 70,000 all in: 2 root canals, ceramic inlays, fillings, wisdom teeth extraction yadayadayada. Very friendly, professional and just generally all round high quality. Doubtless you could get cheaper but then would you get the quality service?
    Sounds like a good move - I've just parted with 30,000 here in the UAE just for one root canal.

Tried to get it done at dental design on holiday, but just didn't have enough time.
    Last edited by Cyrille; 14th March 2007 at 19:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille
    I doubt it. It just takes the sense to put a topic into the 'search' facility, rather than ask a question that's been answered a thousand times already.
    -----

Sounds like a good move - I've just parted with 30,000 here in the UAE just for one root canal.

Tried to get it done at dental design on holiday, but just didn't have enough time.

Yeah I definitely don't begrudge the price as I haven't spent a penny on my teeth in over a decade and it would cost me considerably more at home. It was 9,000 per root canal and a gold crown will be 16,000, porcelain is about 7,000 I think.

Waddaya know!? Yeah! Array the antithesis's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Donn
    ...2 root canals, ceramic inlays, fillings... yadayadayada.
    Sounds like the first entry for the proposed 'Home and Garden' sub-forum...

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Dr Aree at Pattaya International is the best dentist I have ever had. Very gentle, speeks perfect English, and does an outstanding job. Teeth cleaning and Xrays around 1000 baht. Once I though I needed a root canal and a crown. She examined it. Did not think it necessary. She called up a friend of hers, (and endonist) who came right over from another clinic. They looked at the exrays together and decided I did not need a root canal or crown. Cost was only about 400 baht.
    My 75 year old mother has been here twice in 2 years and visits Dr. Aree each time also. She is wonderful and gentle.
    If you want to challenge the world's most powerful factions, you're going to get attacked in all sorts of ways. That's the nature - the essence - of power: it is capable of exacting a cost for defying it.--Glenn Greenwald

wondering what's next... Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Just to dissent a bit, I've found Assavanant to be worthy of shortening it's name by about 7 letters. Based upon the recommendations here, I went there last month for a cleaning and to get a consultation about removing a problem wisdom tooth. For such a foreigner oriented dentist, the English spoken to me both on the phone and in person was unacceptably poor and I had real trouble communicating. Worse, when I got there, the staff also spoke quite rudely about me in Thai right in front of me.

Then, the cleaning/scaling/checkup I had seemed really rushed, and the dentist (hygenist?) doing the work was overly rough as well. The, when she finished, she said nothing about cavities or a lack thereof, or anything about the state of my dental health except answering that yes (without looking at it), I should have the wisdom tooth removed.

My post-checkup reception visit was like the first- poor English, rude things said in Thai, and a total lack of customer service. I needed to schedule wisdom teeth removal, and because I could not come on a Saturday (the only day the oral surgeon is regularly available!) was promised to get a call back about when the oral surgeon could see me.

One month later, I hadn't gotten the call, and I called again. Same thing... "You can't come Saturday? Sometimes the surgeon can come on Mondays, is Monday ok? You mean tomorrow right? Ok so we will call you back..."

No call back. AGAIN.

On the other hand, I called Bangkok Dental just now, spoke to someone very polite, with good English, and had an appointment within seconds for exactly the time I needed it. Haven't gone yet but at least I can say the customer service is as should be.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Good to hear a review on the negative. There is alot of choice out there.

Quote Originally Posted by baah gaofair
    On the other hand, I called Bangkok Dental just now, spoke to someone very polite, with good English, and had an appointment within seconds for exactly the time I needed it. Haven't gone yet but at least I can say the customer service is as should be.
    My mother and I have both used BIDC and are extremely happy with them. I only needed a cleaning, but my mother needed quite a bit of work. She has stopped going to her dentist in Canada, who wants to charge ridiculous rates and makes it a point to go to BIDC every time she's in Bangkok, which is once to twice per year.

Jon
    vCash
    Thanks

Yeah, lots of choice.
    Had a great tooth cleaning (scale, polish) at Yanhee Hospital, Charansanitwong, Thonburi, recently. Best cleaning I've ever had. Baht 1016 and well worth it.
    Sur votre bicyclette, mate.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Great research ta!

vCash
    Thanks

Lamai Dental Care

Lamai Beach
    132/3 Moo 4, Tambon Maret
    Koh Samui, Suratthani, 84310 Thailand
    Tel: 0 7796 1985-6
    Hubby just finished up there and was most impressed with their cleanliness, price and professionalism.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

^thank you! in need of a root canal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast