Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Training Vacancies in Thailand

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Personal Training Vacancies in Thailand

Hi guys,

I am a fully qualifed Personal Trainer in the UK.

I'm just posting this thread to enquire if there are opportunites in Thailand to work as a Personal Trainer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys!!

vCash
    Thanks

Re: Personal Training Vacancies in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    I'm just posting this thread to enquire if there are opportunites in Thailand to work as a Personal Trainer?
    Legally? No chance.

vCash
    Thanks

I knew a couple of farangs teaching muay thai but that's about it. Dunno if they were legal or not. (They could have kicked me in the head like!)

vCash
    Thanks

I met a girl last week who was here on a stop-over before going to Hong Kong. Apparently she'd somehow got a legit (she said so) job working as a personal trainer in Hong Kong. From what she said, the salary sounded way better than you would ever get in Thailand. Maybe worth considering.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Go with lemmax's advice. Thailand is very limited in regards to legal work for non-Thais. I saw your other thread. What you could do, if you really want to be in Thailand is get a job teaching ESL and do the personal training for westerners that you meet. You still wouldn't be legal, but that's the risk.

If you want to work as a personal trainer, what about the Middle East? I live in Dubai and there are alot of gyms, including Fitness First. People also hire personal trainers to train them at home.

Good luck.

Senior Member Array goo_stewart's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Yeah, impossible really. I know loads of Thai fitness instructors. They get about 10,000 a month from work if they work at CWOW or FF or another large chain, some more, some less. You definitely can't work legally doing this in normal gyms.

Even if you did private, illegal work at 1000 Baht an hour (above the going rate) I don't think you would make ends meet. You would need loads of clients and there just isn't the market for it. people tend to go to gyms if they want a personal trainer.

poltroon and blagard Array reinvented's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pants View Post
    Legally? No chance.
    bollocks, absolute
    whilst there is a plethora of thai personal trainers they are all clueless
    best way would be to form your own business or apply to someone like fitcorp asia
    you'd probably need to go up the ladder a bit and forget the shite like california wow
    no reason why you couldnt, with a bit of gumption create your own practice if you are competent
    Serial Wolf Bagger

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reinvented View Post
    best way would be to form your own business or apply to someone like fitcorp asia
    Starting a business would be the only way he could be legal. No way in hell would he be granted a work permit for an existing vacancy. In the unlikely event that does happen, I will glady bare my arse in the centre circle of the City Ground on a match day. And post the pics in the icebox.

Established User Array Basil Fawlty's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

bollocks, absolute
    you'd probably need to go up the ladder a bit and forget the shite like california wow
    no reason why you couldnt, with a bit of gumption create your own practice if you are competent
    I'm no expert on these things, but, in order to gain a WP thru your own company, don't you need to capitalise the business with around 2 million baht and have several Thai shareholders ?

To the OP - i'd also recommend the Middle East for this sort of work. An old friend of mine has done very well for himself over there thru sports coaching. He's a PGA golf pro and is now head pro at one of the courses in Dubai. I've unfortunately lost contact with him though, so sadly can't take advantage of his hospitality .

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pants View Post
    Starting a business would be the only way he could be legal. No way in hell would he be granted a work permit for an existing vacancy. In the unlikely event that does happen, I will glady bare my arse in the centre circle of the City Ground on a match day. And post the pics in the icebox.
    you definitively said no chance to positions that a trip to most good top class gyms would prove otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
    I'm no expert on these things, but, in order to gain a WP thru your own company, don't you need to capitalise the business with around 2 million baht and have several Thai shareholders ?
    im no expert either bas
    but he asked if it was possible not how much fucking about it might be

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    Hi guys,

I am a fully qualifed Personal Trainer in the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys!!
    The Coach Training workshop by Thaimuscle.net
    ThaiBody - Bodybuilding and Fitness

personal trainers in Bkk often have won international body building titles!

Mr. Thailand, Khun Sitthi Charonreith owner powerzone gym, has at least 1 farang trainer.. forget his name.
    the team w/ trainers is present at the gym M-F about 9:30AM
    Power Zone Gym Directions in Thai
    the cross eyed teacher could not control his pupils ~ Bob Dylan on XM radio

vCash
    Thanks

bollocks, absolute
    What the devil are you on about? You can readily train Thai boxing with world class athletes for next to nothing and they will personally train you. Hardly clueless. Mr. Pants is right. Finding work legally as a personal trainer would be next to impossible and so poorly paid that it wouldn't support living here (as far as I know.).

...and setting up a business is not the same as finding employment as a personal trainer which is what the op asked.

didnt mean to come across as harsh

Last edited by robitusson; 25th August 2009 at 19:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robitusson View Post
    What the devil are you on about? You can readily train Thai boxing with world class athletes for next to nothing and they will personally train you. Hardly clueless. Mr. Pants is right. Finding work legally as a personal trainer would be next to impossible and so poorly paid that it wouldn't support living here (as far as I know.).

...and setting up a business is not the same as finding employment as a personal trainer which is what the op asked.
    robi
    are you deliberately coming across as thick
    personal trainers are those puffs touching old ladies arses in fitness first and what have you, not retired professional thai boxers
    if i was on about thai boxing trainers, i might just have mentioned thai boxing trainers
    Mr. Pants is right. Finding work legally as a personal trainer would be next to impossible and so poorly paid that it wouldn't support living here (as far as I know.).
    its the as far as you know bit letting you down, theres 3 people i know doing it in my office building, its not the same as the entry level muppets at california wow, but personal training it is
    and setting up a business is not the same as finding employment as a personal trainer which is what the op asked.
    i beg to differ, if thats what you want to do and perhaps one way of doing it
    i stand by my original statement, possible yes, lots of fucking about, probably

go and sit with pants in the corner

vCash
    Thanks

I know two people (one American, one Brit) working as personal trainers (and qualified back home) in Bangkok. They don't work for these chain disco gyms, they do international clientele small private training work. And these 'boot camp' excurions down to Hua Hin and the like, full of rich international fitness people.

It's entirely possible to do other kinds of work here. Us TEFL types just tend to oversimplify things (part of the job)...so take it all with a grain of salt.

vCash
    Thanks

robi
    are you deliberately coming across as thick
    personal trainers are those puffs touching old ladies arses in fitness first and what have you, not retired professional thai boxers
    if i was on about thai boxing trainers, i might just have mentioned thai boxing trainers
    I just dunno why people go to some wanky place like Fitness First or California Wow when what Thais do best in the world is readily available at a song and likely to get you 10 times as fit than doing some bollocky treadmill shite goaded on by some trainer twat in bicycle shorts. That was my point (I think.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast